Sunday 7 November 2010

A Gay Rant

Hi

How's it goin?

Last Wednesday was another fun filled day in school. I'm in from 9-5 and late in the afternoon I felt the need for a caffeine burst. I headed to the coffee shop in the college and bought myself a Crapuccino. I sat at a table with KP, Cat and Scott. At which point some guy comes up to the table and hands a flyer to Kat and Kp, but ignored myself and Scott.
This was that flyer.


I'm sure you can guess from the colour scheme, but this is a leaflet for the LGBT society.
LGBT = Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender.
I never knew the gay community had a spokesperson within the college. And to be honest I am unsure as to why they do.
Does it really matter if you're gay or straight?
I am also slightly miffed that he gave a leaflet to Kat and KP while ignoring myself and Scott. Clearly Kat & KP look gayer than myself or Scott. Now I am not gay, but how does he know that?
Does he have a gaydar?
If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE

He ignored me because he thought I was not gay. (I am not gay but that's beside the point.)

That's hetrophobic!

I am strongly considering running for the position of heterosexual rep. If gay people can have a rep purely because they are gay, then heterosexual people should get a rep for that too!

I showed this leaflet to a friend who was gay, and he was not chuffed. This is the reason why gay people do sometimes get a hard time. Because people make a big deal of it, who cares if your straight or gay? I don't make a big deal of rubbing my heterosexuality in your face. 

My gay friend was not impressed at the stereotypical rainbow colouring and lady gaga images that adorn the leaflet. Is there any need? Seriously, all this is doing is drawing attention to the fact that you are gay, and to be honest no one really gives a shit.

If you take a look at the leaflet, one part says

"I will continually fight for LGBT causes such as the blood donation ban for gay men."

The way that's worded, I honestly thought that he was fighting to ban gay men from donating blood. 
Apparently a ban is in place to prevent gay men from giving blood, I was unaware of this. But isn't it fairly easy to get around this ban?
If you want to give blood, go along to the blood donation shop, when someone asks if you are gay,
Say NO!

It's not difficult!

Unless they have a gaydar.

I also find this statement highly amusing,

"I will work alongside the vice presidents with the promoting the Hey Homo campaign raising LGBT awareness."

Hey Homo?

Really?

This is perhaps the most retarded thing I have heard in a long time. Raise awareness of peoples gayness? 
Who cares?
This also sounds a little bit like the secret police outing all the gay people on campus. Are gay people going to be forced to wear a badge? Or greet each other by saying, "Hey Homo!" Or is everyone in the college going to be forced to greet gay people by saying Hey Homo?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit retarded?

So to bring this rant to a conclusion, I can see no point in having a gay rep, it seems a bit pointless to me. You're just gay, it's not like you're from another planet or something. All this does is draw attention to the fact that people are gay and does that really matter?




Here's a song featuring my two favourite gays

If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE


If you are interested, here is a link to my gay friends blog where he also has a similar rant.


That's All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do not subscribe I will break into your house, tie you to a chair and force you to listen to Lady Gaga for 24 hours straight

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails