Monday 23 November 2009

The Drunkest I have ever been!


Hi

Hows it goin?

I was looking for something in my old laptop the other day and I stumbled upon loads of old video's and photo's. Some of which I haven't seen in ages. I'm going to upload them all to my you tube account eventually, but I thought I'd share this one with you.
As some of you may know, I don't usually spend christmas at home. I was away on the ship for 4 christmas' in a row. And the past 3 years I spent Christmas in Edinburgh in Adam's hotel.
Adam was an assistant Manager of a hotel in Edinburgh, this hotel is not open on christmas day, there are no guests there, but a member of staff MUST be in the building for insurance reasons. So for the past 3 years Adam volunteered to do this so he could have Hogmanay off. Very sensible.


So every christmas I travel down, and we spend christmas day with a hotel to ourselves, with free run of the bar. Its pretty cool.We usually have steaks for christmas lunch because we can't cook anything else, (by we, I mean Adam, because I can't cook at all) especially after a few beers. And I get a massive big screen with surround sound to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special on. Thats one christmas tradition I never miss. The first year I went, our friend Ian came around half 7. The Doctor Who Special


just started and Ian came bursting in saying Merry Christmas and being all happy and cheery etc and I said to him quite sternly,
"Merry christmas, Ill talk to you again in 45 minutes"
And proceeded to ignore him for the remainder of the show.
No offence to him, but as everyone is aware, I am a massive geek and I had been waiting months to see this show!
After Doctor Who, we had a few beers and Ian gave us our presents.

Remote control cars.
He bought us all remote control cars!

It was ACE! we drove them all around the hotel having races.


The following year it was just Myself and Adam, The beer was flowing once more and Doctor who was again brilliant.
The following day, boxing day, is a bit hazy for me, I woke up around 11 ish feeling a bit rough. I headed back to Adam's flat as he had to work for a few more hours. When Adam got home later that day, we went to the pub and to be honest we were both feeling like shit.
We had a decision to make. We had two choices we could either finish these drinks, head back to the flat and put on a dvd and recover, or we could just go fucking mental and get our drink on!

Guess what we decided?



A couple of hours later we found ourselves in Finnegans wake. That was one of my favourite pubs in edinburgh, I was gutted when it burnt down. (I should point out that the pub burning down has nothing to do with this story, it burnt down over a year later, and had nothing to do with me.) Anyway, when we got there we were already a tad drunk. We decided to move onto spirits, we ordered two Vodka Red bulls and for some reason, I still don't know why, It was cheaper to order a double vodka than a single. Now this barmaid may have been lying in order to get us to spend more money, and it worked. We ordered two doubles and then two more, and then two more. After that things really got blurry. I vaguely remember myself and Adam calling everyone who we knew in common. So almost everyone who we worked with on the ship got a call from us, saying merry christmas and how much we love them, etc, etc. Thats the last thing I remember, and I barely remember that.
I woke up the next day feeling terrible. I had very little memory of the night before and no idea what time we left the pub. Sadly I had little time to recover because I had to catch the train home. I packed up my stuff, gave Adam a bro hug and headed off to the the station.
It was on the train, I was incredibly hungover and very bored. I did what most people do who forget to buy a book or magazine to bring with them. I played with my phone. I sent a few texts, I played a shitty game for 10 minutes, then I started to look through all photo's I had taken over the past few months. The camera on the phone was pretty good, it was a Nokia N95, Some of the photo's were quite clear, I was just browsing through them, not really paying much attention when I saw something odd, it was a video, but I had never seen it before. How did this get here? What was happening? Was someone making secret videos of me on my own phone?

Well in a way, yes.........................






If you can't see the video, I've told you before, stop reading this shite on facebook and click here.

Thats all for now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G


If you want to subscribe to all the crap I write and get it delivered straight to your inbox then Click Here, and put your email in the wee box marked Subscribe.
If you don't then I will put a curse upon thee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails