Friday 27 November 2009

Rest in Peace my friend




Hi

Hows it goin?

Now I'm sorry to do this here, but I need to get all serious on you for a bit.

A friend of mine died a few days ago.

I'm gutted.

I knows it stupid but I want to write a little something about the whole experience here.

As many of you know I moved back to aberdeen about 3 months ago. I'm now living in a 1 bedroom flat on my own. I won't lie to you, it gets kinda lonely at times. It was the first day I actually spent living here, near the end of August. It was then I met my neighbour. It's weird, I haven't really spoken to any of my neighbours anywhere I've lived for years, it was nothing deliberate, I'm sure they were all very nice people, I just never met them. But, when I moved back to Aberdeen, I thought its time for a change. Its time to get to know people better. So I went and introduced myself. Over the next 3 months we formed a pretty good friendship. Quite often we would have very interesting chats about Wispa Golds and why they are limited editions? Will they bring them back after there gone? how long will it take? We also talked quite extensively about beer. My old flatmate Richard got me a few bottles of Bitter & Twisted ale for my birthday last year. Its brilliant. Its def in my top 5 beers. I was round at my neighbours one day and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was about 10 bottles in his fridge. I couldn't believe it. Surely this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We discussed many different beers over the next couple of months. In fact it would seem alcohol was very much a recurring theme throughout our friendship. I partially blame this friendship for me becoming more of an alcoholic these days.

Anyway, a few weeks ago my friend got some bad news.

Some really bad news.

And then, just a few short days ago.

That was it.

The end happened.

It's fucken scary. Things happen so quickly.

I will miss you dear friend.

I was looking though my computer and found a recent picture



















REST IN PEACE WINE RACK

Oh dear wine shop,
you've been a good friend!
You have been top,
right to the end.
Oh dear Wine Rack,
I will miss you.
I want you back,
with offers like 3 for 2!
Goodbye my friend,
you will be missed.
thats the end
now I'm off to get pissed.





Thats all for now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

P.S. here's a short film about beer featuring the drunkards that are, the QE 2 Crew......


As always if you can't see the videos on this site then stop reading this shite on facebook and click here

If you want to subscribe to all the shite I write and get it delivered straight to your inbox, then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email in the wee box that says subscribe.
If you don't then I will cry like a little girl.
If you do I'll let you watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails