Monday 18 January 2010

Dear Steve Coogan (A.K.A envelope 9 of 50)

Hi
Hows it goin?
Here's the latest letter in my 50 envelope challenge. For those of you who read 101 things you probably didn't know about Andy G, you may have noticed number 71: Andy G is an inspiration to Steve Coogan.
Well it's true, and here is the proof.........
Dear Steve Coogan
Good Day, how are you? I hope all is good with you. You may remember me, we spoke once briefly in New York. That is actually the point in my writing to you. If you recall, you appeared at the Apple Store in Soho New York, in mid 2008 to promote your new film Hamlet 2.(It was very good by the way). I enjoyed the evening and listening to your thoughts on the various issues raised.
It was I that asked if we will ever see an Alan Partridge Movie. I feel you may have taken offence at this.
You mentioned that you don’t want to get pigeon holed into a role such as that and that you are capable of doing other things.
Hell yeah you can.
I think you’re awesome!
During your response to my question you mentioned your tour. I was lucky enough to see you when you visited Glasgow in December 2008. I really enjoyed the show, and I recently bought the DVD. I noticed that the entire second half of the show was Alan Partridge. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with that. It was brilliant.
The thing is, when you were talking at the Apple shop in New York, you mentioned during the tour you were going to throw in an “Alan Partridge bone.”
I believe that after I asked my question about Partridge you realised just how good a character he is and how much he should be in your tour.
You could say that it was ME who inspired the entire second half of the show.
I don’t want to take any of the credit away from your good self. You are in many ways a comedy genius and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. I would just like you to admit, that I, in some small way, inspired the second half of the show.
I would be most grateful if you could write back to me with an acknowledgement as I have told most of my friends that this is the case. They so far have refused to believe me but I believe a letter from you would go a long way to proving me right. If you want to make a personal appearance even better. I would happily buy you a pint or two. You can even crash on my couch if you want.
Look forward to hearing from you
Kind Regards
Andy G





Thats All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do not subscribe then I will make you smell my cheese


If you can't see the video I posted above then stop reading all this crap on facebook and click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails