Monday 21 December 2009

The 50 Envelope Challenge

Hi
Hows it goin?

Someone asked me the other day about my blog and more specifically about the stupid letters I write. Well I thought I'd give a bit of an explanation. I have explained it before, but lately the amount of people reading this has more than doubled, so this is just so new readers can keep up.
It all started about 6 months ago. I was living in Edinburgh at the time and I was traveling to Aberdeen to attend Marks Stag Do. I was forced to take the bus and the journey was horrific. During the incredibly delayed trip I got my laptop out and wrote a letter to the bus company.
When I got home I was still raging from my incredibly crappy bus trip. I sent the letter to the bus company Headquarters and had a battle of wits with the Operations Manager Bob. I only posted one letter to Bob and the rest of our interchange was via email. To send that first letter I had to buy an envelope, but I couldn't find only one envelope, I had to buy a pack of 50.
It would just be stupid to let all those envelopes go to waste. So I set myself the challenge of writing 50 letters to people who I thought deserved it. These letters are not just me having a moan. They also get sent to people who deserve high praise. Such as Red Bull or The Manzil Restaurant. I have recently written another letter to Red Bull demanding an explanation for a lack of a response. I am hoping to get a reply from them before I put it online. I also recently posted some letters to various companies including Kelloggs, Relentless and Aberdeen Tourist Information. I will put these online over the next few weeks hopefully with a reply from each.
So there ya have it. I have written about 10 letters in total and 40 to go.
The first letter I posted online was to the Northumbria water board, it can be read here.
That got a pretty good response and sets the tone for the kind of crap I write to people.
Anyway, thats all I had to say.
Just a brief explanation as to why I write these crappy letters.

Thats all for now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to subscribe to all the crap that I write and get it delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you subscribe then you will get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails