Saturday 16 October 2010

Back To School: Year 2 Week 7; Sandcastles, Morons and Rock!

Hi

How's it goin?


Time for another retelling of an epic week in the re-education of Andy G. This entry is quite long, but as a little treat, I've included a couple of videos. The one at the end is particularly good. But you better read through everything I have written first! Otherwise you are a bastard. Sorry but them's the rules!

MONDAY

I did not go to class on Monday, not due to laziness, I was filming. The art students were taking part in a competition called The Big Draw. I'm not sure of the exact details of the competitions, it's got something to do with drawing.
The art students were taking part by building sand sculptures. Myself and my class mate Ian, went along on a chilly Monday morning to film them. It was a fairly easy job, hence the reason I liked it.
Here's a video to show my excitement.


If you can't see the video then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE.

Some of the sculptures were really good. Some were not.
This was my favourite.
It's pretty cool eh?
That's a gant hand grabbing a tube of something. Anything with a giant hand gets my approval. Plus the girl making it was a hottie.

Then we saw this one. What do you think this is?

Whatever you just guessed, you're wrong!

Myself and Ian were equally as puzzled as I assume you now are.
We asked the lady making this what it was. She seemed angry we did not realise,


"Isn't it obvious?" She said with a hint of disgust in her voice.
"Errmmm, a chest of drawers?" I ventured a guess.

I did not guess correctly. This seemed to insult her further.
The above sand sculpture, was a pencil sharpener. More specifically five pencil sharpeners stuck together.
Obviously.
The five piece pencil sharpener is the backbone of the stationary industry. I can't remember the last time I took out my pencil case and and 5 piece pencil sharpener didn't fall out.

TUESDAY







Tuesday is my day off from school, but I thought I should explain the above facebook status updates. I received an email from my guidance tutor asking for a meeting. I had no idea what it was about. After sitting with my guidance tutor for twenty minutes I was practically speechless. Unfortunately I would not feel comfortable divulging what was discussed in this meeting. Suffice to say certain things were brought to my attention and the situation has now been rectified.

On a totally unrelated note. I would like to categorically state that I bare no ill will to anyone in my class and that every single one of my classmates are very nice people. I like them all an equal amount. And I am sure in years to come I will remember them fondly, as people I met.

On another totally unrelated note. I would like to point out that in this life, some people, although they are very nice people, they may have a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone. Some people, are morons! Some people and childish, immature and a bit stupid. Some people really need to grow the fuck up. I'm not saying I know any of these people. I'm just saying that some people in the great big old world of ours are like that. And if, someone like that, for example did or said something stupid, I would make fun of that person for doing or saying that stupid thing. Because even though some people are very nice, they are also morons! Being a nice person does not stop you from being fucking annoying!
And I would like to think, that if perhaps I had offended any of these morons that populate the world, I would like to think that they would come to me, as a grown up, and say something. Just act as a mature adult. Ask me to leave well enough alone. And I would. I would like to think that if I was forced to spend time with one of these morons, through work or some other situation that bound us together through no fault of our own. I would like to think that they would not run off to someone and complain about me. I would like to think that someone would come to me as a grown up and discuss our differences and if I was upsetting them, they would simply ask me to leave them alone. We are after all grown ups, are we not? I would never intentionally attack anyone. Only if someone had done or said something stupid enough to be worthy of a witty yet slightly insulting comment.
Also if anyone had a problem with what I had written on my blog, simply do not read it, do not go to someone in a position of authority to complain about it. Just ignore it. It's not hurting you is it? And it's my blog so I'll write about whatever I damn well please! If you have a problem with that, then go fuck yourself!

But as I said, those past three paragraphs were completely unrelated to school, work or anything else significant going on in my life, just random blethering from your old pal Andy G.

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday morning I slept in, so much so that I woke up at 12:30pm and missed my morning class. Oops. So much for my 100% attendance record. Wednesday afternoon was quite a productive one for me. I wrote a pitch for my 3 minute wonder. I am planning on shooting a promotional video for the hotel that Bob runs on the west coast of Scotland. I then spent the next two hours watching other promotional video's for hotels and talking to Scott about killer ninja robots. It was fun.

THURSDAY

Thursday was another day off for me. I spent most of it in bed. I really am quite lazy. I was meant to be working, but I went in and Vinnie (the boss) was counting the wages. I don't think he realised how much I have been working lately and how much he pays me. He then insisted I have the night off. So I headed to the Toby Pub Quiz with Mark, Aders and Lee. Here's a pic of Lee concentrating hard on a question about elephant's knees.
It was great to see these guys. I am quite sad these days. I never go out to play. But that's not all my fault. No one ever wants to go out to play. Lee is frequently in Glasgow doing up his new house, Mark is enjoying married life with Kim, and Aders is often down south visiting his girlfriend.
Losers.

FRIDAY

Friday was quite possibly the best day in class ever, in the history of everything. Regular readers will know that Fridays are my afternoon in the studio and until recently we had been doing one on one interviews. Well today we moved onto music videos.
This is the first one we shot.

If you cannot see the video above then stop reading this crap on Facebook and CLICK HERE
I think this may quite possibly be the greatest music video ever made, ever.
After this we went on to shoot, a couple more with different songs and different people starring, and directing. This was by far the best class ever!
Scott (who made a music video for his film last year) was clearly happy with his performance.

Once again if you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE. Fucking idiot!


This was the attempt at the second track on the album.



I also had a go at singing, I performed "Afternoon Delight" by Ron Burgandy. One day if your very, very lucky you might get to see it.

Here's some pics from my week:

Apparently this sculpture was based on an ornament these two brought along, and was not a giant tattooed boob as myself and Ian thought.
 The lecturer hard at work making the sign for "The Big Draw"
Ian Hay, camera man.


Struan and Kev interview Maija about what she hates about Facebook!


Cat and Scott Rock Out!





 Here, Martin has joined them as the straight man. 
(no pun intended)

The group reforms but with Stephen as the guitar man






Struan and Ian hard at work.


And as an added bonus, here's the song they were singing. Recorded on my eye phone.

now this is the last time I'm gonna say this, but if you can't see the video above then your fucking retarded, I have told you hundreds of times, STOP READING THIS CRAP ON FACEBOOK AND CLICK HERE!



That's All For Now 


Until Next Time 


Have A Nice 


Andy G 


If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."


If you do not subscribe then I will put a GIHAD on you! DIRKA DIRKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails