Friday 12 February 2010

Friendly Friday: Adam

Hi
Hows it goin?
I have been inspired by Urban Dictionary.com.  After I put up the post on Monday about the definition of Andy on that website, I started to write a follow up. I felt bad that I only talked about me. I planned to go through everyone in my phonebook, post a picture of them and whatever urban dictionary had to say about them. But then I realised, that's a quite a lot of people, and I can't be arsed. So I've decided to make it a weekly thing.
Cleverly titled Friendly Friday, So every Friday, I'll post a picture and an urban dictionary definition of someone who is lucky enough to be my friend.
They won't be in any particular order, and it will take a while but I think eventually I will get through everyone. Plus the next time I mention someone who you, oh wonderful reader, may not have met, it will give you an idea who I'm talking about.
I thought I better start with Adam, partly because he's my best mate, and partly because he's the first person in my phonebook.
Here's a picture of him doing what he does best.
Drinking.







Now this definition is not entirely accurate. In fact it's not accurate in any way. Admittedly he was the first one to get laid on the ship, out of the two of us anyway. But when we got the big flat in Edinburgh he was the last one out of the 4 of us.

Adam and I met in skies above Africa. 

I was on a plane bound for Cape town, on my way to start a new job on The QE2, I was stuck sitting between a large Norwegian guy called No No ( honest, that was his real name) and a scouser called Gemma. The three of us all got to talking about why were each going to South Africa, and it turned out we were all going to join the ship.
As soon as someone said The QE2 this hand appeared over the top of my seat and I heard the words
"Alright folks, QE2?"
And that was Adam, we've been best mates pretty much ever since.
We shared a cabin for the majority of the time we worked together on the ship, and we were flat mates when I lived in Edinburgh along with Jonny Torpedo and Richard P.
I am sure most of you have heard of "Andom." Despite what your thinking it's not gay. 
It's the name of our company
Random Andom

It was Adam who got me the Random Andom Jackets.

These were a pretty cool birthday present, almost as cool as what I got him a few months earlier.
Yes, That is a life size cardboard cut out of the two of us.
I know you're all jealous, that has to be the greatest gift ever.

There are thousands of Adam stories I could tell you but I'm sure you're not bored enough to read them.  Those of you who are lucky enough to have seen QE2 Reloaded, the dvd I made about the QE2, will remember Adam from the video at the end which I accurately titled,
Proof that Adam is a Drunken Idiot.

I won't put that video online as he will go nuts, but one day, the next time he really annoys me, then it will be on youtube immediately.

I typed in Adam Poole into youtube just to see what the results would be.
This is my favourite.




Thats All For Now


Until Next Time


Have A Nice


Andy G


If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you subscribe then one day I will write a Friendly Friday post all about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails