Monday 28 February 2011

Goulash With A Girl

Hi

How's it goin?
Seriously, I really want to know. I care about you, you know. How the devil are you? Let me know. Maybe I will write a blog post all about you, just to cheer you up. If you need cheered up. If you don't, then maybe I will write about how tremendous you are feeling. Assuming you are feeling tremendous.

Last Saturday I was blessed with something very rare when you work in the hospitality industry. 

A Saturday night off. 

I suspected this was a mistake on the part of my boss, but who was I to argue? I told Laura of my good fortune and she took the opportunity to book me (her words not mine) for an evenings entertainment.

Laura booked a table at Goulash. A hungarian restaurant in the city centre. As soon as she text me saying it was booked I received a text from my boss asking if I could actually work on Saturday. Sadly I had to inform the boss that I was already booked. I am broke and could use the money, but my time is available on a first come first serve basis.

As we were leaving my place, Althea was doing some weird thing to her hair. I don't know what, some girly hair thing. It was covered in some kind of goop. I found this quite amusing and attempted to take a photo to share with all of you. Sadly she would not let me. So instead I'll just repost this one.

We left Althea to her weird hair goop and headed to town. When we arrived at the restaurant I will admit to feeling slightly nervous. It is down the Adelphi, which is an alleyway just off Union Street (The main shopping street in Aberdeen). I would suggest a new name for this alleyway could be Rape Alley. I didn't get raped there, but I was starting to think that I might happen.(Not because of the company I was in, just the slightly dark location.) It does look like the kind of place someone would take you down and give you a good raping. 

When we arrived at the restaurant I was convinced we were actually in someones living room. Sadly I don't have any pictures to show you, but it really does look like some hungarian guy one day just decided to turn his house into a restaurant.

That is by no means a bad thing.

It is really, really good. The owner is slightly eccentric. He sat us on one table while he set up a nicer one at the window. I asked him why he moved us as we were happy to sit anywhere. I assumed it was because we were a good looking couple. It would be good for business to have such two good looking and happy people be the first thing people saw as they passed.

He said it was because the window table had a window ledge that we can leave the wine on, Laura had been here before, clearly she made an impression as a drinker.
Speaking of wine.

The restaurant is quite small, and they had a table of 16 sitting already when we arrived. So it did feel a tad tight. But only a tad. This table also took up a lot of the owners time. Understandably. We did however receive a very warm welcome and a friendly goodbye as we left. He appeared to be running the place himself with the help of a woman who I assume is his wife, and I think I caught a glimpse of a chef at one point. He did a great job, and he certainly seems like he could quite easily become the king of hungarian banter. Sadly we didn't get to talk to him much, as he was busy with the big table, but we'll def be back as I found him to be incredibly entertaining.

For starter, I had a venison pancake and Laura had a vegetable platter. She thought it would be healthy. I don't think she realised that it was all going to be deep fried.
For mains I had a fillet of beef and Laura had Pork Medallions. 
Everything was really, really good. Two courses each and a bottle of wine and it came to £45. 

When I said it was like going to a restaurant in someones house, I wasn't joking. Laura even told me the ladies toilet has a shower in it. I of course did not believe such a claim. So I sent her back to the toilet with my i-phone to make a video to prove it. Which she then did.


If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE

After she was done making this video, she fraped me.

Overall I really enjoyed Goulash, and it's nice to know that if you need to have a shower at any point during your meal, there is tone available. A lot of restaurants don't have that option.
I'll def be back, and it gets two thumbs up from me.


That's All For Now

Until Next Time 

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do subscribe then you are welcome to come round to Campaworld and use the shower anytime you like. (Call first)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails