Sunday 20 March 2011

Island Week: And the nominations are...

Hi

How's it goin?

So as Island Week draws to a close, it gives me great pleasure to announce who's films have actually been put forward for The Celtic Media Festival 2011.

We found out on Wednesday afternoon. Our lecturer told us the announcement would be up on the Further Educational Institutes  webpage within five minutes. And sure enough five minutes later, the link was up. I clicked it, I clicked that link with more enthusiasm than any link I had ever clicked ever.
And it didn't work.

It didn't work!
I went mental.
Myself and Stephen then searched the building for our course leader to demand answers. We went to 6 classrooms, 4 offices, 3 toilets, 7 cupboards and a tv studio. He was no where to be found. He was in hiding. He knew we were looking for him, I'm sure of it. This was some kind of psychological mind game he was playing. The bastard.
Eventually we broke into his office, found another teacher in there and demanded answers. He gave us none, and then we found the man we were looking for. He wandered in looking all innocent, claiming not to know we were searching the whole building for him.
Hmmmm? A likely story.
We demanded answers. He told us to ask another lecturer.
We then rushed back to class to find the lecturer in question, he then supplied us with the correct link on the webpage and we saw the delegates for the festival.
The people who's films will be shown at the Celtic Media Festival 2011 are...


If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE




If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE




If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE

And a first year girl who I don't know.

There is a standby list, so if one of us can't go then one of the stand by guys will take our place. Amongst those stand by's are Sulaiman and Brodie. Both of whom deserve to go as they have made films which are much better than mine.

So the good news is, that Cat, Stephen and myself are off to Stornoway (all expenses paid) for a film festival for a few days. 
I don't expect my film to win. Both Stephens and Cats films are much better than mine. So I'm not going expecting to win anything, just hoping to have a good time for three days in Stornoway. 
I'll let you know how it goes.
A massive thank you to everyone who has viewed and liked my film on youtube, and for your kind words in fighting against my Anonymous Abuser.

That's All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G 

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do subscribe then I will mention your name to everyone I meet at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails