Wednesday 8 June 2011

Nearly done

Hi

How's it goin?

I haven't blogged properly in ages. Sorry about that. But for anyone who's gives a shit about little old me, here's an update.

I've been pretty busy, but it looks like all my hard work is nearly over. As far as school is concerned anyway. All my paperwork has been handed in, and all that remains is to finish editing my final project.

My final film is called Suburbia University, and is a series of four short stories set within a fictional university. I'll be honest with you, it's not particularly good. I was let down more than once by actors and equipment booking, so my final project has been some what rushed. The really annoying thing is, this is the one I'll get assessed on, all my other projects essentially don't matter. They don't get assessed. This is something I didn't know at the start of the year, which has pissed me off a great deal. I spent a lot of time and effort on my other projects and as a result of that, I had to rush through my main feature. There are people in my class who have just made ONE film this year, some of which are still actually filming, and they are gonna get the same qualification as me. I have made FOUR films! (Five if you count my island film.) It all seems very unfair to me, but I had a good couple of years at school and for the most part I enjoyed my life as a mature student. With any luck I'll be finished the editing on this film by Friday and assuming all my paperwork is fine, that'll be me done. 

My film from last year (as well as several other great student films) is gonna be shown at the Belmont Cinema in Aberdeen, if you're reading this then you're more than welcome to come, CLICK HERE for details. There will be a night out afterwards and I plan on partying for the following three days! 

In the mean time, all is well with me, I'm off to London with Laura for a few days at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. I have a couple of projects to keep me amused over the rest of the summer. I'm still looking for someone to design a book cover for me. Let me know if you're interested.

In other news, I got a job! I had an interview last week and I have accepted the position as head of sales for a local food company. So that's nice. It's not a job in TV which is what I have been studying for the better part of two years, but it's a job. Which is a rare thing these days. It's a regular job, a Monday-Friday 9-5 job, which is something I've never had before. I'm starting off on basic pay so I'll be staying on part time at Vincents and The Club, for a wee while anyway.

So don't worry, I'm sure I'll be keeping you entertained with stories of the the drunkards I encounter on a regular basis.

That's All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email.
If you do subscribe then I will weave you a pair of trousers made of solid gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails