Wednesday 3 March 2010

Production Diary Entry 6: Filming Day One

Hi
Hows it goin?


Day one of filming is over, and it went very well. I got every shot I wanted plus a little extra. 

I spent Monday morning acting in a Struans' (one of my classmates) film. 
His film is called "Strands" and is a series of sketches which take place in a restaurant, his film is far better than mine and I look forward to seeing the finished product. 
In "Strands" I play a french chef with a bad attitude and a problem with alphabeti spaghetti. Since I am playing a chef in both Struans film and my own, we decided that they should be related. So we decided that the chef in my film will be the twin brother of the chef in Struans film.
So technically Struans film is a prequel to mine. This does concern me slightly as my film will likely be viewed as the inferior sequel to Struans.
But never mind.

Filming started at 4pm on last Monday, we managed to get almost all of the kitchen scenes done and a couple of the front of house scenes.
I would like to say a massive thank you to all the cast and crew who were in attendance, and in particular Dave Morrison, who is playing himself. 
I knew he would be the best man for the job.
The next day, myself and Ian( the camera man)  viewed the rushes with our course leader, Paul. He was impressed and said he was looking for good direction and he saw it!
HELL YEAH!
Andy Speilberg!

Admittedly there were a couple of minor camera issues but that's only a couple of minor re shoots and not much hassle.
Filming continues this Sunday with the rest of the cast, where we will be filming most of the front of house stuff. I will be needing extra's in a couple of weeks. I'll post details on here when I have a better idea of scheduling. 

I don't want to put any footage from the actual film online yet, not until it's finished. But as a little treat I'll let you have a look at some of the rehearsal footage. I don't want to give away any major lot points so I've just compiled together a few clips of the scenes of the rude man and of the kitchen staff.
Hope you enjoy.

If anyone from Tapas Towers happens to be reading this, make sure when you watch the video you pay particular attention to the dialogue in the kitchen scene. 
Where are the table of 15 going?


If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and click here.

Here's a couple of pics of the cast in character.

The French Chef from "Strands"
 His twin brother in "The Playhouse"

Henry The Head Chef, Christopher Kennedy and Chef Dave.

Steve the Waiter and Christopher Kennedy.
It's hard to make out but in Steve The Waiters pocket that is a fork. This film is essentially filled with in jokes that only a fraction of the audience will understand.
The fork in the pocket being one of them.


Thats All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do subscribe then maybe one day I will put a reference to you in one of my movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails