Sunday 21 March 2010

A comment from a Mother Tuckerz customer.

Hi
Hows it goin?
Regular readers will know I recently wrote a letter to Mother Tuckerz sandwich shop in Aberdeen.
The reason for this was they sold myself and 3 of my classmates out of date products without any warning. Also the sandwich they sold me was incredibly mediocre and the staff didn't seem to know what anything was.
I was very disappointed when they did not reply, so much so I even wrote them another letter
This has also gone unanswered, on the plus side it has taken up 2 envelopes in the 50 envelope challenge.
Mother Tuckerz have chosen to ignore my correspondence, which I feel only adds to the complete lack of professionalism that they adhere to. 
However, on Saturday night I received an e-mail saying that someone has left a comment on my blog, the comment was in relation to the letter I sent to Mother Tuckers. 




Anonymous writes,

Hi i am a mature student at aberdeen college, and have been going there for two years now. We started eating in Mother Tuckerz in January. We were in the shop, actually when you were in the shop that day. We bought the out of date crisps, THAT raised 13 pounds for charity. I also dont like the attitude towards the new girls that started at Mother Tuckerz. Its not fair to have that attitude towards them. I think you are out of order. Why do people like you have to constantly pick at things? You are one of these complainers that have no life, and nothing better to do with your time than make slanderous comments about restaurants. Also using the word 'retard'is extremely offensive. You really are a sad individual that needs to get a life. Those letters that you sent, are on view to all the regular customers. All the customers that i am aware of think the letters are disgraceful. Mother Tuckerz will always have mine, and my 30 odd friends support, Dana, Sue and Sharon are amazing members of staff at Tuckerz. They would go out of their way to help anyone, besides the food is amazing, great value and service. Far better than baguette express, and dublin daves. So i suggest that you shut it, and get back to your sad little life. If any of you staff at Tuckerz are reading this, i want to let you know that you guys all have our support and not to worry about sad individuals like him. 





If I might reply to this anonymous defender of Mother Tuckerz.

FIrst of all, I would like to say that you are dead WRONG! 


You said,

"You are one of these complainers that have no life, and nothing better to do with your time than make slanderous comments about restaurants."

Where it is true that I have no life. 

I should tell you that I DO have much better things to do with my time, I just rarely do them. 

Also I do not only make slanderous comments about restaurants, I quite often send letters to people who I think are awesome.
I wrote a very complimentary letter to The Manzil Restaurant, Nurofen and RED BULL.

Also, my statements were not slanderous, 

The definition of slander is:


1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.


My statements were NOT FALSE!!

I was sold out of date crisps and an incredibly mediocre sandwich.

It is in fact YOU that is making slanderous statements about me! By claiming I have a "Sad little life" and I have "nothing better to do with my time than make slanderous comments about restaurants." 

I am considering claiming defamation. And I know quite a bit about defamation, for proof CLICK HERE!

Can I ask what it is you are studying? 
I assume it is not Law. 

You say in your comment that you were in the shop at the same time as me. I don't think you were, the only people in the shop at the time were myself and my classmates and they all share my shock at this lack of professionalism. A gentleman in a shirt and tie arrived shortly before we left, perhaps that was you, but your letter said "WE" I can only assume that you are lying or perhaps you are in fact the man in the shirt and tie, and you have multiple personalities.

The only other people in the shop were the staff and I suspect you may in fact be one of them. 
Are you Dana, Sue or Sharon? 
Come on be honest!

You also say that you bought the out of date crisps and that raised £13 for charity.
How?
How many packets did you buy?
£13 worth of crisps is a bit excessive isn't it?
Tell me, are you one of Aberdeen's larger citizens? 
If you are buying that many crisps in one go I might suggest having the odd apple and maybe going for a run sometime.
Just a suggestion. I'm not having a go, I have nothing against fat people. 


I am still unsure as to how buying out of date crisps raises money for charity, there was no sign advertising this fact. Either that the crisps were out of date or they were for charity. Even if they were sign posted, (which they were not) it would still make it spectacularly illegal to sell them. I am not against raising money for charity, I would just prefer to make a donation rather than risk my health.

My attitude towards the staff may be seen as out of order, but I was more disappointed with the apparent lack of product knowledge. I was unaware that they were new staff (if this is true) and perhaps they were not given the proper training. I have nothing against the staff of Mother Tuckerz, I'm sure they are all lovely people. I pointed out the lack of product knowledge in my letter as this is something that should be brought to the managers attention. When I was a restaurant manager if someone was not performing well, I would like to be told about it. How else are you going to help the  member of staff improve.
My attitude is however a direct response to the complete lack of respect for the customer by not responding to my first letter. 

The word retard is indeed quite offensive, hence the reason I used it.

In your comment you ask,

"Why do people like you constantly have to pick at things?" 

I don't think I am one of those people, I don't pick at every little thing, far from it. 
You should see my flat, it's a fucking tip! 
I think that perhaps my many years in the restaurant industry has given me something of a critical eye. Anytime I am in a restaurant or bar I have a tendency to notice the little things, like when somewhere is short staffed, or when the staff are stressed out, or WHEN THE FUCKING FOOD IS OUT OF DATE!!

I can only assume that you are the same person who wrote the following comment on my Red Bull Letter,

"ANDY G IS SOOOOOO UGLY AND NEEDS TO LOOSE at least 7st in weight!!!!"

Now I will admit, I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but who are you to call me ugly? 
Are you a looker yourself? 
I would like to see a photo. 

And loose? 
I suspect you meant lose. 
Where you are right in the fact that I could do with losing a few pounds. I think 7st is a bit extreme, my current weight is 12.5 st, If I lost 7st that would put me at 5.5st! 
That's definitely not very healthy for a man of my height.
I will take your opinion on board tho and I will increase my exercise schedule. 
I must applaud your insult by the way. It was very witty, intelligent and precise.
Warning the previous sentence may have been sarcasm.
I am told that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, used by only the truly stupid, hence the reason I used it on you, I thought you would appreciate something at your own level.

In your comment you say that I should go and get a life, I suggest that it is YOU who needs to get a life. You are the one who spent Saturday night reading my letters to Mother Tuckers while I was out with some of my 27 odd friends. (I know I don't have as many as you, please don't make fun of me for that.) It is you who has nothing better to do than sit around on a Saturday night and insult me over the internet. Now that's really sad.
If you would like to meet up in person to exchange insults I would be more than willing.

You said in your comment that, 
"All the customers that i am aware of think the letters are disgraceful."


Why are customers reading a letter of complaint? Surely this screams a lack of professionalism. The chances of someone stumbling on my little blog by chance and reading my Mother Tuckers letters are very, very small indeed. So this leads me to the conclusion that the majority of the staff at Mother Tuckerz have read the letters I wrote and shared the contents with friends. 
Come on! 
If the Manager or owner is reading this, come on! What are you doing you muppet! Have you ever run a business before? 
You're appear to be showing off a letter of complaint? 
Is that a good idea?

My letter to Mother Tuckers was sent because I wanted an explanation for selling me out of date products. I suspect that you are a member of staff, or at least friends of the staff. I am very disappointed that this situation was not handled like mature adults. If the owner or manager of Mother Tuckerz is reading this, maybe think about that. You're meant to be a responsible business owner, instead you're acting like a chav with a sandwich shop. Maybe that's what you are. 

I might be wrong, perhaps the owner simply hasn't gotten back to me yet and this is a faithful customer defending the honour of Mother Tuckerz.

But I doubt it.


Here's another song about sandwiches.


As always if you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on Facebook and Click Here.


Thats All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do subscribe then I will take you to Dublin Daves which I am told is an excellent sandwich emporium. 

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails