Monday 15 March 2010

The Second Mother Tuckers Letter (A.K.A. envelope 17 of 50)

Hi
Hows it goin?
I was very disappointed in the lack of response from Mother Tuckers, so much so that I wrote them a SECOND letter, to which they have still not replied.


Dear Mother Tuckers,

Good day. It’s Andy here, the guy who wrote you the letter about the out of date crisps. I hope this letter finds you well and that you have now learned the difference between pastrami and salami.

It is with great regret that I find myself writing to you, AGAIN!

I have not been good enough to grace your wonderfully named shop with my presence since “the out of date crisp incident.” So don’t worry I’m not writing to complain about another sandwich.

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment that you have not replied to my letter.

Why is this?

I have formulated several theories:

Perhaps you are not taking this situation seriously?
You really should!
I do not believe the selling of mediocre sandwich’s and out of date crisps should be taken lightly.

Perhaps you are all illiterate?
This would explain the lack of response; perhaps right now my original letter is up on your fridge being gazed upon as if it is some wonderful piece of art.

Perhaps the letter got lost in the post?
This is unlikely but possible, I don’t think anything ever really gets lost in the post, I think that’s just code for “couldn’t be arsed reading your mail.”

Perhaps you have been shut down?
Have trading standards been after you? It wasn’t anything to do with me. 
Honest.

Please do not take offence to any of my correspondence. I was simply very disappointed in my whole “Mother Tuckers” experience. 

I have been in your position, so I know how you feel.

For the past several years I have been working as a restaurant manager in restaurants all over the world. So believe me when I say I know how much of a pain in the arse the public are.

But if I ever found out that my restaurant was selling out of date produce I would rectify the situation immediately, by any means possible. And I would make sure that any and all customers affected by this were contacted and apologies offered. I realise that a small sandwich shop in Aberdeen is not the same as a busy restaurant but surely the standards must still be the same.

And as I said before, isn’t it spectacularly illegal to sell out of date products?

I must advise you that I KNOW you have read my original letter, a friend of mine was recently in your shop and over heard a member of your staff discussing it with a customer. This is hardly professional behavior. Why would a staff member discuss a letter of complaint with a customer?

That strikes me as a little bit retarded.

As I said before, please do not take any offence to the comments I have raised in this, or my previous, letter. (Well, maybe the retarded thing, but I can’t say much, I’m not the brightest star in the heavens, that’s why I work in a restaurant and not at Nasa.)

I would like to give you a chance to explain yourselves for this shocking behaviour, both regarding the original incident and the lack of response.  My blog gets read by people all over the world and this could be your chance to get some very good publicity. I could even make an appearance at your shop and get a photographer along.

I should let you know this letter is one of a series of letters I am writing as part of my 50 Envelope Challenge. (See my blog for details.) I am hoping one day to compile every letter and put them in a book. I would like for this small chapter to have a happy ending, but I guess that’s down to you.

I recently discussed this issue with my classmates and they have all agreed to boycott your establishment until a response is issued by yourselves.


I hope to hear back from you soon.


Kind Regards



Andy Graham




Here's another song about sandwiches. 

If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and click here

Thats All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."


If you do subscribe then you will be given a complimentary bag of magic beans.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if you will react to your 'Reactions'??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i am a mature student at aberdeen college, and have been going there for two years now. We started eating in Mother Tuckerz in January. We were in the shop, actually when you were in the shop that day. We bought the out of date crisps, THAT raised 13 pounds for charity. I also dont like the attitude towards the new girls that started at Mother Tuckerz. Its not fair to have that attitude towards them. I think you are out of order. Why do people like you have to constantly pick at things? You are one of these complainers that have no life, and nothing better to do with your time than make slanderous comments about restaurants. Also using the word 'retard'is extremely offensive. You really are a sad individual that needs to get a life. Those letters that you sent, are on view to all the regular customers. All the customers that i am aware of think the letters are disgraceful. Mother Tuckerz will always have mine, and my 30 odd friends support, Dana, Sue and Sharon are amazing members of staff at Tuckerz. They would go out of their way to help anyone, besides the food is amazing, great value and service. Far better than baguette express, and dublin daves. So i suggest that you shut it, and get back to your sad little life. If any of you staff at Tuckerz are reading this, i want to let you know that you guys all have our support and not to worry about sad individuals like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAD THE BEST EVER FOOD AT Mother Tuckerz ON Friday. Sue the lovely member of staff went out her way to help me and my three mates....WE LOVE MOTHER TUCKERZ. Keep up the great work Girls !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay it's 2.20am and my mate's Fiona and Terry and Colin and Andrew and the list goes on and on and on have just text me to say some di*k head was saying Mother Tz was sh*t. Not sure who you are or what you smell like but guess what I think my dog plopped you out on the grass today and I had to pick you up and put you in the bin. Your colour is BROWN!!! Mother Tz is really, really good and the food is the best on George street.
    (I'm little happy just now) Anyway getting back... give your tast buds the old mouthwash treatment as you must also be blind. I promise all who read this the food is honestly the best and everytime we aLL GO IN EVERYONE BEHIND THE COUNTER IS VERY NICE AND POLITE...Yeh for sure!
    I hope this Brown colour of dog poo wises up and gets a brain and a face lift because god dam is he way ugly. Thank god you are not the only guy in the world....we would all be single or lesbos. NITE ALLXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma here, Lets not say anything more on this guy's Comment page. All he wants is MORE FRIENDS!! Mother Tuckerz is a very nice place to eat and I know the Manager Gives about £1000 a year to the Collage Students funds!!.
    She also told me she would not be giving anymore donations. So we have this ANDY Graham to blame for this. Thank you FOR NOTHING ANDY GRAHAM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails