Saturday 3 April 2010

A Tale From A New York Bar

Hi
Hows it goin?
As some of you may know, in 2008 I spent 6 months living and working in New York. It was a very unique experience and the restaurant I was working in has had mixed reviews.

Living in New York was pretty cool tho. Most of the time when I had a day off I went into the city, and I would like to tell you a story about one such day off.


Did you know The Empire State Building has a bar at the top? A pretty good one. I had agreed to meet a friend in the city, and we decided the The Empire State Building was a decent place to meet up for a drink or two.







I arrived early so I perched myself on a bar stool and ordered a beer. While I was waiting for my friend to arrive I overheard a conversation between two guys at the other end of the bar.

The two guys seemed to be a little bit drunk, they weren't rowdy or anything, but they did seem to be enjoying themselves.
I think one of the guys was a tourist, he just had that look about him, the other guy seemed to be a local.

So the tourist guy was talking about the view, and then the conversation turned to the river.

"You know something, see that river?" The local guy said.

"Yeah." Replied the tourist guy.

"Did you know that the wind blows so hard off of the river over there, that it will come up and it will actually hit the side of this building, and it creates such a powerful updraft, it will hold you suspended in mid air."

The tourist guy looked skeptical about this.

"Come on that's bullshit, I wasn't born yesterday buddy."

Well the guy telling the story wasn't about to be proven wrong.

"Alright I'll show you, check it out."

So he walked over to the window, opened it, climbed out, and it fucking worked! 


The wind supported him, it held him up in the air.

He stayed there for about 30 seconds then climbed back in through the window, much to the amazement of his mate and the other people in the bar.

"Holy shit! I can't believe that worked! Did you see that?" He shouted to the whole bar.

"I gotta try this."

So the tourist guy ran over to the window, pushed the other guy out of the way, stepped over the edge........... 




and plummeted to his death.



The local guy walked back over to the bar and ordered another beer. The bartender served him, gave the guy his change and said,

"You know something, you're a real asshole when you're drunk Superman!"


Special Thanks to Wil Wheaton for telling that joke on his podcast, Radio Free Burrito, which I then promptly stole.

Did you know that the Superman theme has lyrics? Here is the video.



If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on Facebook and CLICK HERE

Thats All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do subscribe then one day I will write a song all about you

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails